Prostap DCS: the pick of the bunch
- Metastatic prostate cancer
- Locally advanced prostate cancer, as an alternative to surgical castration
- As an adjuvant treatment to radiotherapy in patients with high-risk localised or locally advanced prostate cancer
- As an adjuvant treatment to radical prostatectomy in patients with locally advanced prostate cancer at high risk of disease progression
- As neo-adjuvant treatment prior to radiotherapy in patients with high-risk localised or locally advanced prostate cancer
Treatment in pre- and perimenopausal women with advanced breast cancer suitable for hormonal manipulation
Adjuvant treatment in combination with tamoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor, of endocrine responsive early stage breast cancer in pre- and perimenopausal women at higher risk of disease recurrence (young age, high grade tumour, lymph node involvement)
Note: In women who have received chemotherapy, premenopausal status must be confirmed after completion of chemotherapy.
- Management of endometriosis, including pain relief and reduction of endometriotic lesions
- Endometrial preparation prior to intrauterine surgical procedures (Prostap SR DCS only)
- Preoperative management of uterine fibroids to reduce their size and associated bleeding (Prostap SR DCS only)
Preservation of ovarian function
- Use in pre-menopausal women with neoplastic disease undergoing chemotherapy treatment that can cause premature ovarian insufficiency (Prostap SR DCS only)
NOTE: Treatment with a GnRH analogue should only be proposed after careful risk/benefit evaluation in each patient. Not a replacement for standard fertility-preservation methods.
Central precocious puberty
- Central precocious puberty in girls under 9 years of age and boys under 10 years of age
Intramuscular (IM) or subcutaneous (SC) administration is available, depending on indication and dose.
Dual Chamber Syringe
Leuprorelin is delivered in a Dual Chamber Syringe (DCS) system which allows administration in under a minute.
Fine gauge needle
Image not to scale